">'); win.document.writeln(''); win.document.writeln(''); }

The Indefinite Article.

Monday, April 03, 2006


The other day I was posting to a blogger.com blog, my sweet blogging client Paper Lantern reported a horrible error

Exception caught but no reason given com.google.blogger.exceptions.PostNotFoundException

I thought, oh no, blogger.com has changed up something on the server again and I will have to push up another Paper Lantern release.

But just to be sure the problem was on my end I googled around for the error. No results. Still believing that something must be wrong with Paper Lantern I decided to hit the blogger.com server with curl. This is what I did

curl -u <username>:<password> -H 'Content-Type: application/xml' --data-binary @test2.txt https://www.blogger.com/atom/<blogid>

This curl test threw the same error.

Happily convinced that Paper Lantern was not to blame I decided to ask for help to the Blogger Dev Google group

Believe it or not after years or writing code I had never really posted to a dev forum, so I did not know what to expect…

To my surprise minutes after posting I got a reply from Steve Jensen, one of the folks working on blogger.com . He wrote that he was aware of the bug and was working on a fix. It was great to get a response so quickly!


Post a Comment

<< Home